Our private, prenatal breastfeeding class is perfect for expectant moms who are planning to breastfeed and wish to get off to a good start with breastfeeding. Breastfeeding classes take place in the privacy of your own home and can be scheduled at a time that is convenient for you. All breastfeeding classes are taught by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and allow for an in-depth discussion about your upcoming breastfeeding journey. This includes: preparing your personal Breastfeeding Success Plan, the basics of a good latch, tips on positioning, and an opportunity to get all of your breastfeeding, and pumping questions answered.
- Discussion surrounding your goals and concerns about breastfeeding
- Help with your birth plan to include steps for breastfeeding your baby immediately after delivery
- Help with a ‘back up plan’ in the event breastfeeding is not initiated immediately after delivery or complications arise soon after
- Help selecting a quality pump suitable for your level of use and budget (if you have plans to pump)
- Help creating your personal Breastfeeding Success Plan
- Discussion surrounding latch and what to look for when evaluating your baby’s latch
- Discussion surrounding proper positioning
- Discussion surrounding newborn feeding cues and feeding patterns
- Discussion about common pitfalls of breastfeeding and how to avoid them
- Fitting for pump flanges (if you have plans to pump)
- Handouts and information guides on latch, positioning, feeding cues, communicating with your baby, and ‘trouble signs’
- Answers to any questions or concerns you may have about breastfeeding and pumping
Private, in-home breastfeeding classes can be scheduled any day of the week, between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
- $125 – (a $25 travel fee applies to visits in Volusia, Polk, and Osceola county)
We are accepting some BCBS, CIGNA and TRICARE plans. To see if you qualify for up to 3 free lactation visits click here.
Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your breastfeeding plans and to schedule your private, prenatal breastfeeding class.