Our group prenatal breastfeeding class is perfect for expectant moms who are planning to breastfeed and wish to get off to a good start with breastfeeding. Breastfeeding classes are held monthly at the RDV Sportsplex in Maitland (Orlando – Just off I-4 and Maitland Blvd.). Classes meet in the Backcourt Conference Room (upstairs) and are from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. This fun and information-packed class will give you the confidence you need to set and achieve your personal breastfeeding goals! All breastfeeding classes are taught by a compassionate and knowledgeable Certified Lactation Counselor.
WARNING: This is NOT your mother’s breastfeeding class! We believe in creating an engaging and exciting learning environment where expectant parents feel empowered to ask questions, practice breastfeeding holds with our life-size dolls, touch/feel/try-on various nursing pillows, breast pumps, nursing bras, bottles, etc. Boring lecture-style classes aren’t our thing, and we bet they’re not yours, either!
On-site childcare is available! $10 per child – ages 6 weeks to 13 years welcome!
- Discussion surrounding the benefits of breastfeeding
- Discussion surrounding what you can be doing NOW to ensure you get off to a great start with breastfeeding
- Discussion surrounding your ‘back up plan’ in the event breastfeeding is not initiated immediately after delivery or complications arise soon after
- Help selecting a quality pump suitable for your level of use and budget (if you have plans to pump)
- Discussion surrounding latch and what to look for when evaluating your baby’s latch
- Opportunities to practice various breastfeeding holds and positions using our life-size dolls
- Discussion surrounding newborn feeding cues and feeding patterns
- Discussion about common pitfalls of breastfeeding and how to avoid them
- Fitting for hands-free pumping bra, breast pump flanges, or nursing bras
- Handouts and information guides on latch, positioning, feeding cues, communicating with your baby, and ‘trouble signs’
- Answers to any questions or concerns you may have about breastfeeding and pumping
Following your prenatal breastfeeding class you will receive a receipt for service (i.e. Superbill) which may be needed for insurance reimbursement. Click here for FAQs regarding insurance and payment for breastfeeding classes.
Group breastfeeding classes are offered once per month, please check our 2017 Group Breastfeeding Class Schedule for dates and times. The class is 2 hours.
- $40 – (per couple)
- Have health insurance? Click here to learn how you may qualify for full reimbursement for your prenatal breastfeeding class.
Have questions about the class? Visit our FAQs regarding Group Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes page.
Prefer a private breastfeeding class? We offer those, too! Contact us today to discuss your breastfeeding plans and to schedule your private, prenatal breastfeeding class.